FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of InterContinental Hotels in California - as Royal Ambassador
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:22 pm
EmeraldLady

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
currently half way through a four night stay at the San Francisco IC, has anyone stayed at both, Mark Hopkins, and the San Fran?

they gave us the Bay suite here, whilst nice, was bit small for 5 pax, so we moved into two suites adjacent to each other.

currently under construction which is never great, lub lounge offering is pretty good relative to other US properties.

i'd be interested to hear from anyone that's stayed at both to contrast, the better quality property, and generosity fn respect of upgrades?

also any advice re the two LA properties, which is better? headed that way on way to San Diego.

I love the IC Downtown (5 stays so far) - great Club Lounge on 70th floor (no Club in Century City). Club personnel very keen to help and to assure you are happy with room allocation etc.

Was in IC San Diego last month - no prior communication. My email went unanswered for a week, so phoned three days before stay. Was eventually told they only assign rooms on the day for RA's (suites were diminishing daily in number as I watched) so said unless guaranteed suite, would cancel.