FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy first First experience - how long to wait for a reply from Customer Relations
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:07 am
ens100

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GetawayGertie
I travelled First for the first time last Saturday on a longhaul from LHR but unfortunately not everything went well. There was an issue with a broken IFE system that never did get resolved. Unfortunately, this was made far worse by the attitude of the CSD, who I found to be dismissive, unsympathetic and - worst of all - patronising. I may be a female past retirement age but I spent my career teaching people how to use complex IT systems and didn't need a 'Janet and John' walk through of how to use the system when it was quite clearly broken!

I told the CSD I didn't consider his approach or his proposed recompense satisfactory and I asked for the issue to be raised with Customer Relations. Of course, I don't know what the CSD's report said but will hazard a guess that it didn't include the feedback I gave him! I received an automated acknowledgement the next day (and added an additional information note to say I wanted to speak with someone) but haven't heard a peep since.

So - a question please to this very helpful forum - how long should I expect to wait for a response? I am only a humble Silver, but have been for many years.
Hello Gertie, and first of all, Welcome!.

What a shame to hear that your first First experience did not go as planned. Even more frustrating I am sure was the CSD's reaction - sometimes it baffles me as to how common sense and general good manners are lacking in customer facing roles. In relation to your issue, personally I have found that a quick post on Twitter to the British Airways feed with a mention of a bad experience will generate a near immediate response (from a real person, not a Bot). You can then be guided to provide more information and try to get this resolved as soon as possible. No harm attacking this issue on two fronts.

Hope you get a good response from BA and are not put off flying First / BA again.