FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:06 pm
greenpau

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fisherman
Was on a 787-10 from EWR - SFO on Sunday in row 1. Took over 2.5 hours for lunch "service." The single FA working both aisles asked for drink orders pre-takeoff and that was the only beverage or refill offered for the flight. Pitiful. Also, FA repeatedly tried to serve 1F by reaching over 1D or vice versa which is terrible and intrusive.

FA's chatted in the galley after meal service without checking in on the cabin and left the lav ahead of 1L locked for crew use for the entire flight.

Has anyone had luck asking United for compensation for the level of service provided on these so-called premium routes? Does anyone at United still care?

On the food, the hardened, dry puck of short rib was not good.
Very unlikely - I’ve written in twice in a constructive way about the -10 staffing on SFO-EWR on two separate trips, each one $3,500 r/t, my meal was served 1.5 hours before landing. No compensation. They are understaffed, and the FAs report it as well. My friends hate working that aircraft / route and prefer the 757s.