FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aadvantage credited my flight without my consent
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:04 pm
dval44

Aadvantage credited my flight without my consent

I booked an int’l F class ticket on a mix of Cathay and AA via the AA website. I believe while I was signed in when I booked.

A few weeks before the flight, I called and asked for my AA# to be removed. They said they did it for me. I was pondering Alaska so just left it blank.

Sure enough, the reservation disappeared from my AA account and all indications were that then number was removed.

I flew the route (Cathay F HKG-HND, AA F HND-LAX) with no ff# attached to the res. Or so I thought.

About a week after landing I made up my mind that I would credit to Alaska. So I filled out the form and turned in the documents.

Got a response from Alaska, “sorry, no can do. Flight has already been credit to your aadvantage account.”

Confused, I logged in. Sure enough, the Cathay flight was credited to my aa (but ONLY the Cathay flight and not the other leg).

So so what do I do? This is a substantial problem for me as there is a huge discrepancy in miles. Will AA un-credit a flight?

My best guess is that the res was originally all under my AA#, and when I called to remove it, they only did it for the AA flights and didn’t know how/weren’t able to remove it from the Cathay segment. Any ideas?

thanks