FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apple and Goldman Sachs to partner on new credit card
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:58 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by vanillabean
What could Apple do with it?
I think what we are seeing here is an interesting rebellion against the banking industry. It just wasn't clear that there was no other way to make a payment toward the credit card aside from the app.

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
There's nothing wrong with the card just because it doesn't allow banks to push payments to it. Not paying within the app defeats the purpose of the payment calculator for many people (the part that calculates interest) and the instant payment feature that credits your payment immediately and allows you to restore your line of credit.

If you're that worried about overdrafting your account because you can't push bill payments to the Apple Card, perhaps having a credit card isn't right for you in the first place.
I guess we could also say that if the payment calculator was needed or even the instant credit restoration that maybe credit cards are not a good fit for a given person. Ultimately, the market will decide if Apple's way of running credit cards is the better way. Maybe it is, I just don't know.