FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:49 pm
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I had a few stays there when I was a Diamond before the WoH. The service was good, the F&B was very good...but the whole place still feels sterile to me. I've been back several times for dinner or drinks while staying at the Westin Vendome or the Hotel de Vendome. I love the Vendome area, but I now vastly prefer the overall ambience, decor, F&B, service, and elite recognition at the Prince de Galles. (I despise the FSGV and the Bristol even more.)

To me, the PH is a solid choice using points. But for cash, I'd look elsewhere.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Agree with this 100%. I noted guests paying cash for top suites also complaining and Guest Relations Manager desperately trying to move them as well. I dare say calling a room a "suite" when it's not makes guests very angry.

Most travellers aren't FTers and if you relied on a TA or a 3rd party to make your booking you probably don't look at the hotel website to learn that the lower suites are anything but.
Oh, I've been there several times - always on points. No way I would spend $700-1000 a night anywhere (unless I came into a fortune). I'm a lowly pensioner.