FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF22 in La Premiere
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:38 am
FLYaway3x

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA 1K, AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Hmm, for seats on the A380, I actually would recommend 1A as a solo traveler. Feels most private, as you aren't looking on a large cabin with other people. And it's the farthest away from the galley/crew area.

"Sub-optimal" food on the brunch flight vs. eating in the lounge: it depends how you rate breakfast in the lounge vs.sleeping longer. On the other hand, breakfast in the lounge is certainly nice, but unless you eat slowly and order every item on the menu separately (i.e. order eggs six or seven times to try all the variations) it won't take you more than 25 minutes to enjoy a copious breakfast.

As a guideline: for the AF 022 departure I typically get to the airport around 6.45-6.50 am. I am in the lounge by 7am. Have breakfast, then they start boarding. If I feel like it, I then eat something on the plane, or will order something from the on-board breakfast menu a few hours into the flight.

But frankly, it's actually not really a big deal. You'll be in the lounge anyway, and unless you arrive very last minute, you'll have enough time to eat there, and if you feel like it, eat again on the plane.

And by the way, whilst the AF 022 catering isn't the same as for the afternoon flights, the real disappointment is catering on AF023 and all the other evening departures from JFK. Very very reduced menu.
Thanks for that lengthy and detailed reply! Turns out my plans changed again so I will be returning to NYC on AF006 rather than AF022. Surprised what you have said about AF 23/7/11 as was under the impression the catering ex-JFK in La Premiere was pretty good.