FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:47 pm
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Have to disagree with you on this one. After you've been to Rangali or another Maldives resort which has natural undergrowth you'll likely change your mind.

I think if you're going to disagree with a poster who has visited the property and refers to the "near physical perfection of the resort," you should preface your comment by pointing out that you have never been there. You've been bashing this resort since pre-opening, maybe because you're offended by the yacht transfer costs and high prices, and now you're continuing that by arguing with posters who have actually been there about their personal impressions of the resort.

I posted that the snorkeling seemed pretty good to me, a first time snorkeler, seeing hundreds of fish, and you then posted a few days later on the Conrad Maldives thread "As you probably know from reading the WA thread, there are a couple of fish swimming round and maybe a turtle but that's about it."

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I struggle, however, to get to grips with the idea that the GM and DoO are not moving around the resort day to day and don't notice the speed at which staff are driving and haven't implemented rules for this. Unbelievable. And even more unbelievable considering this is a safety issue and a child could easily get hit.
*End rant*
Again, you have no idea what the GM and DoO are doing, because you haven't been there. I was there for six days, I never saw anyone driving too fast, and I don't think any of the other FT members who have visited the resort have reported this, except one. A reasonable person would read a single negative comment from a single poster like "staff was driving fast" and consider that to be a one off incident. Only someone obsessed with bashing the resort would read a single complaint like this and crow "Unbelievable! They have no rules! The GM is negligent! They're going to injure a child!"

I don't know the reason for your agenda against a resort you've never been to, but it's becoming tedious to read your uninformed comments bashing the resort every day. And now attacking the integrity of FTers suggesting without any factual basis that the resort "bribed" one to make a fake positive TripAdvisor review. It's rather bizarre.

I enjoy reading the first hand impressions of FTers who visit resorts like this, and I like forward to reading yours too if you do visit this resort.

Last edited by jphripjah; Aug 12, 2019 at 6:56 pm