FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - California road trip. Suggestions and recommendations.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:28 am
DenysK

Programs: Miles&Smiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by nacho
I don't see any reason to spend a day in LAX unless there's something you want to see - I have done this many times and the reason is:

1. If you sleep on the flight from Europe you will be fairly fresh, and you should have no problem driving 3 hours;

2. If you are coming from a flight from Europe, you won't get into LAX that early, so traffic will be A LOT better;

3. 3 hours drive you can definitely get to Ridgecrest which is our usual point to start to head into Death Valley NP. - you can buy supplies, tank before. 3,5h gets you to Vegas or Visalia - it saves you a lot of time and you can start sightseeing a lot earlier.
Spending time in LAX it's just because of flight tickets. There were no suitable tickets for the rest of our company, hence they will arrive on the next day.

1. Yeah, I'm planning to manage my sleep in that way. Had some experience in the opposite time direction (twice flew to Indonesia)

2. Hope so that we will depart to Vegas approximately at 2-3pm

3. Thank's it would be so helpful but in the opposite direction. After Death Valley ;D