FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do people think that contract lounges are the same as MLL?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:01 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I’ve wondered this for a long time, and this morning I am seeing the same thing.... I am in Dublin, and someone is trying to get into the Dublin “The Lounge” T1, and is saying but my credit card gets me AC lounge access with an Aeroplan ticket.

This is not a MLL.

I feel for the agents at lounges like this. I’m sure they have to turn people away (and not just AC people) many many times a day.

How could AC/AE/Banks communicate the true entitlement better to reduce confusion??

It's not just people with AC/Aeroplan partnered credit cards

From the other thread

Originally Posted by dav662
A friend of mine has Black Elite on Aeroplan but they have not sent him his card and he has over 50k on his aeroplan. Air Canada would not let him use the Lounge neither would they let him board with the Gold members of Star Alliance. Does AC know in their data if an Aeroplan member gets his Black Elite? Also it the black Elite the equal of Star Alliance Gold?
thank you
aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Some people also show up to the MLLs with expired certificates that they receive from the credit cards, still expecting to get in and not understanding why they can't.

There are a few reasons ALL of this happens:

Marketing
The banks use nice large font when advertising one of the benefits of their cards, lounge access. But they really don't make an effort to tell customers the details and restrictions.

Customers
Some don't like to read the fine print in the T&C, other don't understand the fine print.
And perhaps some are just not interested in reading the fine print.

AC Altitude Status/ Aeroplan Status
As we've seen, it is possible that people who are Aeroplan members and/or may have Altitude status, also don't understand lounge access and other benefits.

Any or all of this leads to people showing up at contract lounges, partner lounges and MLLs without the right credentials to enter.

Last edited by 24left; Aug 12, 2019 at 7:10 am