FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:30 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I suppose if I were going to take a tour of any 12 airports, they would have to be my 12 favorite airports. In no particular order of preference, here are 12 airports I've really enjoyed flying through over the years...

7. Vancouver International Airport
8. Singapore Changi Airport
9. Kuala Lumpur International Airport
10. Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport
11. Capetown International Airport
12. Copenhagen Kastrup International Airport
If I were going to take a world tour of airports and not the cities, for 12 airports outside the US, I'd pick

1. Paris Roissy, Charles de Gaulle (very interesting looking airport, especially CDG 1)
2. Munich (big airport and two designs, one from the 1990's and one a decade later)
3. Changi, Singapore (very popular big airport)
4. Easter Island (very basic airport)
5. London City (looks like an aircraft carrier from the air, pleasant busy little airport)
6. Vancouver (pleasant, somewhat large airport, quiet domestic and chaotic international check in areas, wide international concourse)
7. Kansai, Osaka (one of the first big airports on a man made island)
8. Queen Alia, Amman Jordan (interesting looking terminal)
9. Marrakech Menara, Morocco (critically acclaimed roof with lots of openings for light)
10. Nice France (big round glass concourse)
11. Berlin Tegel (triangles)
12. Melilla (small airport in Spanish North Africa, pleasant exterior but nothing too special)

Disclaimer: I haven't been to quite of few on this list

Kastrup/Copenhagen, I don't remember much except for a long walk to the gate. I do remember a rbus driver giving me a receipt for the fare paid but since I was boarding in the city on a regular city bus (not a special airport bus), I had to pay a higher fare and get two tickets. He mistakenly gave me one ticket then, without me asking tore off another instead of giving me a strip of two tickets, and said "sorry!". He said it in English. It was probably obvious that I wasn't Danish.