FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:17 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
48. (1987) Only one airline operates between North America and London utilizing three different types of wide bodied aircraft on the same route – each built by a different manufacturer. Identify the airline and the city it serves London from with its three different types of widebodies. And what the heck - you might as well identify the aircraft types as well.
Wardair has been correctly identified with 747, DC-10 and A300 flights out of YYZ. This question remains open to other possibilities if you wish. I'm happy to check them out.

I apologize got the delay in getting back to this question. In reference to WHBM's possibility of B-Cal operating three different widebodies on the NYC-LGW market, my OAG - which dates from November 1987 - does not reflect any service on this market from B-Cal. In fact, a check of the airline flight itinerary listings does not show B-Cal operating any service to North America. BA took over B-Cal in December of 1987. I was surprised to see however that per my OAG at least B-Cal had ceased operations to North America. Could the OAG possibly be in error?