FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best value and conveniently located Marriott properties in Asia?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:09 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JJuice
Generally agree with KL for many options, normally under $75 USD and air Asia flights very inexpensive. I have seen posted prices closer to $50 for aloft, etc. while not a mattress run specifically, I have had two staycations at LM and i consider a night at $75 for my family a deal - great pool, free breakfast, robust lounge with drinks (alcohol expensive in KL) and connected to a nice mall. The express train goes right next to the hotel from the airport as well.

Depending on the number of nights you can find cheaper alternatives in the area. I have been interested in visiting Putrajaya which is closer to the airport and supposed to be an interesting city (government city built recently).

I have also also looked around for cheap hotels in Asia and cannot find many with the amount of options we have here.

Good luck.
AK is indeed a very good option. I haven't flown them in a very long time. I do have a huge stash of Avios and since MH is part of OW, I was planning to use them to travel around SE Asia and use KL as a base. I'll keep LM in mind as I finalize my travel plans.

Thx!