FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggested Routes for Fast 5 Country Visa Run
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:37 pm
cargueiro

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IluvatarMilan
I would suggest East Africa.

You can start in either NBO or ADD, both of which have good connections to other continents (DAR, KGL, EBB can work as well ex-EU). You should then be able to combine Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda (Burundi too, but may be more challenging). At least for many EU citizens, these countries either have Visa on Arrival or E-Visa systems that are reliable. In the case of Kenya, go for VoA as otherwise you don't get a passport sticker.

Connections between the countries are plenty, with ET and KQ having major networks, while there's a number of smaller airlines as well flying both between the capitals and regional cities. Besides that, there's loads of fascinating destinations, even if you're only in each country for a few days. ZNZ is also a fantastic destination that can be combined easily.
When I visited Tanzania last year I did not get a full page sticker. My visa that I arranged in advance was just a stamp and then I got another stamp when I arrived and departed. The stamps did take up one page and as I also visited Zanzibar took up more than one page if you include those.

Likewise when I visited Ethiopia and Mozambique my visa was just a stamp, no sticker. Again with entry and exit stamps the Ethiopian one took up 3/4 of a page and the Mozambique one 1/2 a page.

​​​​​