FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This is a pre-judging announcement
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:48 am
AverageHighFlyer

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Funniest assumption-making appearance thing: Having my hair in a bun, wearing a jacket and a skirt.

When I habitually had my hair in a bun while wearing a jacket and a skirt, and walking through LHR, I was stopped and asked for direction all the time. I assume I was mistaken for a staff member.

Stopping wearing my hair in a bun (because it kept setting off the security scanner, through my sheer forgetfulness to take the hair clip with a net off) stopped being constantly asked for direction even when wearing the same garments
This occurred to my partner last year as she happened to be wearing a shirt similar to that of LGW security (although to my knowledge her hair wasn’t in a bun). After she had gone through security, she took a minute to put the trays back in place, at which point someone approached her to ask for directions. The conversation went something like this:

- Can you tell me the way to gate X?
- (surprised) Sorry, I don’t know!
- Seriously?
- (looking at signage) I think it’s that way, but you really should double-check with someone.
- How rude! I’ll complain to your supervisor! (storms off)

At this point she regretted not sending the person back to N terminal...