FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to move all Tokyo operations to Haneda
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:31 am
evergrn

I sort of saw this coming but didn’t think it’d happen this fast. NRT, HKG and SIN are really Asia’s prime gateways in my mind, and DL is pulling out of all of them. This seems short sighted and I’d like to say it will backfire on them. Then again, maybe it doesn’t matter. If DL feels it’s backfiring, maybe they will simply reverse course and it won’t take long for them to reestablish themselves at those airports seeing as more and more people are moving away from airline/alliance loyalty. DL has had the audacity to start then cut then restart SEA-HND probably 3x in the past 10yrs.

I really dislike what DL does to the airline industry trend. They started basic economy, eliminated award chart, introduced restrictions after restrictions on lounge membership, and these have all been copied by other US airlines. They generally also show no commitment to routes as they are quick to pull the plug, more so than any other legacy airline that flies TPAC. Now they are starting to pull the plug readily on cities altogether. I hope other airlines don’t start being like this.