View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 19, 8:19 pm
bocastephen
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Currently sitting at the MIA lounge and have been here for 2 hours. Haven’t been here in almost two years and the experience is definitely better. The expansion has dramatically changed this lounge. My one major complaint is the zoo of children running around but this could be fixed by Amex charging for access beyond 1 companion.

Outside of that it is quite warm. I don’t think the HVAC can keep up with the sun pouring in through all the windows including the expansion area. Also, I distinctly remember the staff used to come around to people seated offering menus and drinks. That doesn’t seem to happen anymore.
The out of control children issue is what I remember from this lounge the last time I was there - really, is it so difficult to tell parents to either keep their children under control or they need to leave the lounge? The staff seem terrified to confront customers exhibiting bad behavior, let they allow everyone else to suffer.