FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOT airlines flex ticket cancellation lifehack. Will it work?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:40 am
polishPaul

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Many things could go wrong with this plan. Firstly, some airlines operate that the most restrictive fare's rules apply to the whole ticket. Secondly, LOT may reprice your ticket as a one way meaning you get little back (taxes excluded). Thirdly, what's the change fee if you did this? Many times it eats up most of any difference.
Its a FLEX ticket so there is no change fee. At least according to the disclosures during checkout process. They have a separate set of rules written for depart and return ($200 cancel fee for economy depart and no fees for return since its flex). It seems like they treat it separately. I was thinking the worst that might happen is, like you said, they will recalculate the price and ill just end up paying what I would in the first place. If I never checked the price for one-way trip and knew this before hand I would definitely dispute with my credit card if that happened. Actually I will probably record the checkout process and dispute with my cc anyway if they try to pull anything. What stupid system is that anyway? I just realized it but it happens with every European carrier. LOT is the mildest case, most of them are straight up cheaper for both flights vs one and sometimes by thousands of dollars.