FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The hotel's reaction to the forgotten thing in the room
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:39 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by wharvey
Perhaps I am alone in this, but in all my years of travel I have NEVER left any single item back at a hotel. I guess I am too anal and organized and keep things where I can pack them up properly.

I can say I would never even think of paying to ship a charger internationally.... I could probably buy a few for what the shipping cost would be to get the left behind one back to me.
I'm about about as organized as it gets, but that random phone call from a client when I'm trying to pack , whether at home or a hotel has caused me some headaches over the years. At home I fixed that, as my biggest fear was being halfway to the airport but so busy on the phone I couldn't recall if I closed the garage doors or locked the deadbolts. Now I have automation and confirm things are taken care of, or can correct them remotely.

In a hotel, I have in fact left items, sometimes very expensive ones for the same reasons I mentioned. Quick call to my client to see if they can stop by in the next day or two and pick up the items, and for whatever reason my client's like to see that I'm human and screw up just like they do. Most of these clients are good friends now, partly out my being a goof at times. OP, use this to your advantage.

That said, years ago we left something very important at the Royal Hawaiian, maybe because of how frequently we visit, they refused my fedex # and dropped shipped to me at their cost. Pretty cool. Made for a funny next visit. The staff said the usual "Aloha" greeting, then joked if they would need to help me pack upon departure. I thought it was funny, or I'm just a goof.

Last edited by COSPILOT; Aug 8, 2019 at 9:00 am