FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koru Club/Star Alliance LAX Guest Lounge Access
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:12 am
Outbound24

Koru Club/Star Alliance LAX Guest Lounge Access

Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask this but here goes, I have Koru Club membership and so have access to the LAX Star Alliance lounge.
I’m unfortunately getting conflicting information regarding guest access from Air NZ and Star Alliance.
According to online chat with Air NZ, I can bring one guest into the Star Alliance lounge at LAX with me if they are departing on the same Air NZ flight as me and that is it as far as is bringing a guest into the lounge.
I messaged Star Alliance (letting them know I was Koru Club also) and they said I can bring in one guest as long as that guest is on any Star Alliance flight leaving that same day, and they referred me to their website which under the Paid Lounge Membership access confirms this - but this only lists United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club as the only two paid eligible memberships, no mention of Koru Club as a paid membership.
I’m guessing Air NZ’s info in the chat will hold sway, but even their website doesn’t specifically mention the guests flight status - not anywhere I could find unfortunately.
Anyone had any experience with this thanks?