FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most horrible experience HAMPTON - compensation?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:44 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by ujean
Thanks everybody for your comments, I think everything that could have been said was said and gives me some perspective. The topic seems to be divisive.

Small update with additional Infos:

I work in Consulting and in the last 7 years I stayed 50% of the time in hotels. So I have a benchmark of what I can and cannot expect.

I have no doubt that everybody here without exception would assume that the door was shut correctly because of
  1. The door closes with a lot of force and a loud bam sound the end. There is no gap between the door and the frame and the door and frame are on the same level, there is no "height" difference
  2. The hotel is brand new and a reputable brand
  3. The doors have the newest iteration of locks which can be opened by a digital key on your Hilton app.
​​Management acknowledged after ​​​ the incident that the door was faulty. They didn't know before. I don't want to name the property as they assured me that the problem will be rectified and I don't want to damage their reputation until they get back to me with a possible resolution. The hotel and staff are actually nice and despite what happenned I would still recommend it.

Again thanks everybody, I will post an update as to what they will offer to rectify the situation.
Thanks for posting this update. From your description of the door, it sounds like the frame was warped which will prevent the door from fully latching. Management's acknowledgement of the fault is a position step forward. Please let us know how you get on from here.