FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:20 pm
Traveler Dave

Originally Posted by NYC_1
Tomorrow we will switch from our reef villa to the grand overwater villa for the rest of our stay. I’ll update as to how that process goes (and whether we are given another bottle of champagne for the second reservation!). One aspect I’m curious about is whether the full overwater villa is “worth” the extra cost. Our reef villa is approximately 1/2 over water as it is, including our deck. Only the front 12 feet of the villa is on land. Watching the fish from our deck has been a major highlight so far. And they say it’s going to get better as the fish return post construction. Wow.
My suggestion would be to check out the OW before you move. I think you will find you don’t get much more “OW experience”....especially for the cost. You are also much farther away from basically everything “to do” at the resort.

You might find the Grand version of the Reef Villa a nice upgrade. But with massive size of the base rooms not sure 2 people need the extra space. Other than a living room the two are identical inside and out. My wife and I agreed if we did not have our daughter with us the base room would have been more than what we needed.

TD