FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - if I book EWR-SFO using UA miles for travel in 15 hours, can I cancel for free?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:52 pm
Vangrovsky

Originally Posted by jsloan
Booking a backup option on UA for your flight on a non-UA carrier is not going to get you in trouble. Booking a backup option on the same carrier you're already flying could cause issues.

UA reserves the right to refuse to return your miles without paying a fee, but, in practice, you'd be the first reported case that we've seen.
I somehow managed to book it by paying with miles plus a $30 fee. It could have said 100,000 miles and $3000 fee and I wouldn't know... I was just tired after being stuck here for so long.

I could swear that i checked into the airport Holiday Inn.. but somehow my room key says Marriott... I know I ordered room service for dinner... but strangely, there's no room service menu in the room. It's like I'm in the twilight zone... I called the front desk to ask when the shuttle van leaves and she said that I was at the Double Tree... wait.. wut??? I have never been this tired in 20+ years... I asked for a wake-up call and set the alarms on both of my phones as well as my iPad... hope I wake up in time.