FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass - Access Denied (lounge full)
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:36 pm
baroqen

Originally Posted by JudyS
Thanks for the great reply! Yeah, I've heard about the downgrade where restaurants are no longer paid for by Amex. Luckily, I have both Amex Plat and CSR.

So, is there some way to offer to pay for lounge access if one has a Priority Pass membership that lets one in for free? I do have another membership (through a Marriott-owned timeshare program) that includes pay-per-day Priority Pass membership. However, I have never bothered to get a paid Priority Pass membership, and I doubt I have time to get a card for the paid program before my trip.

And, if I take it correctly, my Amex Plat card doesn't help in any way with getting into a Priority Pass lounge?
I wouldn't bother with a paid PP. If the location is restricting PP, then it will probably be restricting ALL PP entries, not just certain types. As for Amex Plat entry, it never hurts to ask if you get rejected for the regular PP for those certain lounges that have a specific contract with Amex directly. If this still fails, you can always ask about day passes, but not all lounges offer these. Your last option might be something like Lounge Buddy. Download the app, and check for lounges offering day passes. I've never used it, but I'd have to assume that if you've already purchased a day pass via the app, they shouldn't be able to reject it.