FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering mattress run for Globalist-lite: opinions?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:23 pm
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Considering mattress run for Globalist-lite: opinions?

Hi all, relatively new comer in these parts of FT. I am currently on a 90-day status challenge courtesy of my AA EXP status. The plan all along was to hit 10 nights, qualify for Explorist through Feb 2021, and be done with that.

I now find myself with a month to go in the challenge and at 13 nights booked during the challenge period. I can finish off the remaining 7 nights to get Globalist-lite, which as I understand does not come with the TSUs or the concierge, for about $500 all-in at a HP in the PHX area (or something similar), and I wanted to see what others think about this "investment".

I normally stay 20-25 nights a year in Hyatts, and could probably make 30 year-over-year for permanent Explorist and the Cat 1-4 cert. I'd say a hair over half of those nights are at HRs, GHs, and the like in major cities, where there is likely to be a lounge or meaningful breakfast benefit that I could use as a Globalist, as welk as a bogus resort/destination fee that would get waived. Of course, the lack of TSUs is a bummer, but I mostly travel alone (for work or pleasure), and while suites are nice, they are not the be-all-end-all. I guess the one thing I can't pinpoint a value for is the space-available suite upgrades.

If I do make the push during my challenge period, I will also likely hit 30 nights overall this year, earning me the Cat 1-4 cert.

Any thoughts, one way or another, would be most appreciated!