FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:53 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
43. (1983) After a productive two days in Raleigh, it’s time to head west to Kansas City, Mo. You fully expect to have to connect in Chicago on this segment but are pleased to discover that the RDU-MCI market is served by a single almost daily (X6) 2-stop direct flight. Well blow me down! Book it, Danno! Identify the airline, the aircraft and of course the two enroute stops… We're looking for RDU - _____ - STL - MCI.

Well, that's a surprise, as I don't recall OZ running any short Atlantic seaboard segments except IAD<-->LGA ... Charlotte (CLT) is a geographically logical choice

Correct! Here's the schedule...

Ozark Airlines OZ 714 Raleigh (RDU) 1257p-152p Charlotte (CLT) 156p-230p S St. Louis (STL) 315p-410p Kansas City (MCI) DC-9-30 X6

55. (1995) You’ve had a wonderful week enjoying the sand and surf (not to mention the rum and reefers) in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Now it’s time to return home to West Elsdon, Illinois – a Chicago suburb located just one mile east of Chicago’s Midway International Airport. Unfortunately there was no direct or even convenient connecting service from Midway Airport and so you had to fly out of O’Hare where a jetway malfunction caused you to miss your connection in Miami and thus a full day of your vacation. Thankfully, one airline offers a single daily two-stop direct flight between Montego Bay and Chicago Midway. You’ve booked a pair of seats and look forward to a hassle-free return home. Please identify the airline, the two intermediate stops and the aircraft type.

MBJ-XXX-YYY-MDW; not TZ 72S, not NW 320 ... how about a USAir 737-400, stopping at their hubs in CLT and Pittsburgh (PIT)?

Another imminently plausible choice, but no... it wasn't USAir either and of course the aircraft was not a 737-400 as I believe Alaska was the only operator at the time. I should imagine you'll get this one on your next attempt. Please, guess again!