FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Salutary Lesson [arrived at gate too late to board EasyJet flight]
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:12 pm
botham

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lehovec
Slightly confused with this... Rest of your party were 2 minutes behind you (28 minutes before departure time) or 2 minutes past the gate closure time? I have never heard of anyone being denied travel for being at the gate at -28. On first wave departures boarding process starts at -40 and seeing that your flight departure rather full it is quite hard to believe that the gate staff managed to process over 140 passengers in 12 minutes and close the gate.

Judging by your responses, there won't be next time, however if you do decided to fly with EZY again and have pushchairs/car seats... these can be all gate checked, so if you have an issue with your party being late to check in, take them with you and check them in at the gate. It does somewhat surprise me that LGW team did not just print manual bag tags and checked your pushchair and car seat as extra baggage which is what is normally done as neither is part of you baggage allowance when it comes to the weight restriction.

Regarding refund... you are entitled to airport tax and APD refund but you do have to call customer service team and request it. There is no refund fee for APD but there will be for airport taxes. Considering you were a party of 12 this could result in some money back.
I believe this was different as we were all bussed to the aircraft which was on a remote stand. I would guess that once the three buses had left, there was no facility to transfer anyone else.

Re the allowance against another ticket, when I was working at BRS on Monday, EasyJet staff told me that their policy in such circumstances was to offer a replacement flight if a same day nearby destination was available.

I await a reply from EasyJet and will post accordingly.