FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit from US to International via YVR and YYZ
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:46 pm
Barkinpark

Transit from US to International via YVR and YYZ

Hello:

My family and I will respectively transit via YVR and YYZ from the US to Europe.

THanks to the good souls in this forum, I just learned that transiting requires Canadian Customs clearance.

(1) How long does this take in each of these airports? I understand that it depends on the number of flights landing at the same time. But what was your experience?

(2) At YYZ, I will an overnight transit. AC pays for my hotel under their YYZ stopover program. Will I need to collect my luggage? (The website says no, but I am not sure if it applies to an overnight transit too.) Needless to say, both flights are in the same itinerary. Since I plan to go to downtown Toronto on the next day, I'd hate to re-check my luggage 2 hours before my Europe flight. By reading forum posts, it seems like asking AC phone agents may not give me a correct answer.

(3) As a re-enter YYZ after my hotel stay, I will have to go thru' security check. Do I have to remove my shoes?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Aug 6, 2019 at 6:03 pm