FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New tiny plug shape adapter-power strip in one
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:56 am
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by der_saeufer
Grounded North American outlet, but ungrounded plugs? Lame but common, and most travelers don't have anything that actually needs a ground (laptop bricks often have grounded plugs but are double-insulated and don't need the ground).

Using the round Continental prongs for UK outlets?! Shame. I wonder how many other corners they've cut.

For the record, you can fit a Europlug into a UK outlet in a pinch if you use something like a pen to simulate the earth pin and open the shutters, but they don't fit particularly well.

Definitely would not buy.
​​​​​​I used a similar adapter with a plastic UK ground/earth pin which fit fine to me. Granted, I only used it for a single phone or tablet at a time with little pressure on the adapter.

Biggest problem with these types of adapters is that folks often put a lot of pressure on them with heavier charger bricks, and then complain that they don't stay in the (European) sockets.