FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The hotel's reaction to the forgotten thing in the room
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:26 am
HRSPGPutnik

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, the problem is requiring you to organize the shipping yourself. Does this mean that you would need to hire someone local to go to the hotel and put the thing in suitable packaging rather than having some hotel staff member take care of such details? People leave stuff behind all the time in hotel rooms and the hotel should have a process to efficiently sent the items, although it's not unreasonable to expect the guest to pay FedEx or whatever fees, ideally using the hotel's account with a good discount attached.
Exactly what I meant!
I didn't expect them to cover the cost, but I thought the hotel would do its best to arrange delivery. All they were willing to do was hand over the charger to the delivery man if I arranged a pickup at their location. That bothered me.

But it's not worth my time anymore. I will buy a new charger tomorrow and I will no longer use the services of that hotel in the future. Thanks everyone for the comments.