FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines New Business Class 787 IST to DPS (Bali)
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:49 pm
SFOTraveler1984

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Turkish Airlines New Business Class 787 IST to DPS (Bali)

My partner and I flew from AMS via IST to DPS yesterday – all flights were operated by TK’s brand new 787-9 Dreamliner TC-LLD.

This trip report will focus on the new J cabin, the new J seat and the flight from IST to DPS – however, some pictures where taken during the previous flight from AMS to IST (during daylight, hence better quality).

Date: August 4, 2019
Flight: TK66 (IST-DPS)
Seat: 3E&F

Aircraft: TC-LLD (first long-haul service for this particular aircraft)

In Istanbul, we boarded the aircraft though the second door on the left side. The entrance immediately makes a nice, welcoming impression because of the nicely illuminated TK logo and Boeings sky interior.

We were greeted by the crew who pointed us to the correct aisle for our seats 3E&F.
Our seats 3E&F were located in the middle of the cabin. These are so-called “honeymoon seats” which are closer together. These seats also have a divider if you are traveling alone and don’t want to sit too close to your neighbor.
Even though these are honeymoon seats, the privacy screen on head level makes it very difficult to see and speak to your travel companion. You have to lean forward in order to have a conversation – which is a bit of a disadvantage if you want to enjoy the flight together.
As far as I could see, there are no really good seats for couples. The seats in even rows (seats D&G) have the privacy screen on their aisle sides, but are also further apart.

Here are some more pictures of the cabin:

The seat offers adequate, but not a lot of storage. The little storage compartment offers enough space for a headphone case, wallet, passport, etc.
The armrest can be lowered to create some extra space.

The seat is not overly spacious, but comfortable enough for a 1.87m person (82kg).
The foot cubby also is not too restrictive.

Foot cubby in row 3 (and basically all rows except 1)

If you are tall, it might be worth asking for row 1 during check-in. The foot cubby in row 1 is a little bigger than in the other rows.
Row 1 is usually blocked and can only be assigned by airport staff during check-in time.

Foot cubby in row 1

The new Versace amenity kits were provided with the usual TK contents.

The inflight camera on the 787 is amazing:

There are 3 restrooms for the business class cabin. The restrooms were kept very clean during the flight, one of the restrooms even had a Japanese toilet J
The restrooms are more on the small side…

As usually the case with TK, the cabin crew was incredibly friendly and helpful and made this flight very enjoyable!

By the way, I am going to post some pictures of the food in the catering thread of the TK Forum.

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Aug 4, 2019 at 8:57 pm