FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates award ticket downgraded
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:10 pm
NoLaGent

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by laktonen
I just got off the phone with Emirates. They confirmed that my original EK 543 on 1/28/20 was a Max 8, and it is currently a 777 which has no F class at all. Emirates said that switching to EK 547 could be an option, but then I'd have a long layover in DBX (12:45 am-9:55 am). The F lounge is available 24/7...which might be fun!
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr

I think the agent you’re dealing with is misinformed or their system is incorrect. Emirates doesn’t fly any narrowbody aircraft. Their fleet is exclusively A380 and 777. It’s possible your three-class 777 was downgraded to a two-class 777. But there’s no way your flight could have been on an Emirates 737 because they don’t exist. And even if it was through Flydubai, I don’t think AS has access to that availability.
Very bizarre that an Emirates agent would confirm that an EK flight was on a MAX, as that would've been FlyDubai, as previously noted. Even though the new business class on FZ's MAX looks amazing and is fully flat, it doesn't fly to MAA on that day, and it doesn't fly at all right now for obvious reasons. With almost a 10-hour layover, I'd book the earlier flight in F and ask the agent about Dubai Connect and documenting that service in your pnr.

DC=If the shortest connection available exceeds 6hrs in F, EK provides a free hotel, visa (if needed), meals and hotel transfers. I'd do that for 6 or 7 hours and then spend 3 or 4 in the lounge, but that may be a personal preference thing. Some folks would prefer not to leave the airport, but for that length of time, I would.