FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates award ticket downgraded
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:14 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by laktonen
I just got off the phone with Emirates. They confirmed that my original EK 543 on 1/28/20 was a Max 8, and it is currently a 777 which has no F class at all. Emirates said that switching to EK 547 could be an option, but then I'd have a long layover in DBX (12:45 am-9:55 am). The F lounge is available 24/7...which might be fun!
The F lounge in DXB is definitely nice and with private sleeping rooms and showers not a bad way to spend an overnight. However, I wouldn't get too excited about F DXB-SEA (non-stop) that is on the 777. For the best F experience the A380 with showers and a lounge in the sky is the way to go on an ultra-longhaul flight.

I also wouldn't be too excited about the 777-300ER in J. The 2-3-2 angled lie-flat aren't perfect either. The refurbished 777-200LR J cabins in a 2-2-2 lie-flat configuration are considerably better albeit the window seats don't have direct Isle access.

Since you have a change/cancel fee waiver, I would monitor DXB-LAX/SFO for F and then add the domestic LAX/SFO-SEA but I wouldn't cancel right now.

James