FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:37 pm
Happyfeet

Programs: AA LifeTime Gold
Verifying that sign up bonus has posted

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
50K miles posted 4 times...

DW and I both have 2 50K bonuses posted on our accounts @May-July, 2019. We haven't had a 50K app since last year, they have all been 60K/65K. My 2 50K bonuses were April, June, then 60K in July. I haven't had the time to do a full investigation, but it looks like they may have skipped giving us a bonus each altogether. I haven't been cross referencing my apps with the card numbers, and dates of finishing min spend, so this is going to be real mess to figure out, much less prove to Citi.

Anyone else run into this? And it you haven't been checking closely on your account, I really recommend that you do.
Robert
Look at the monthly statement for the AA Card in question. If you haven't received it yet, (or don't ask for them by mail), then look at it online at the citi.com website. It will show up there about 2 days after the statement closing date. The statement closing date is the last day of activity covered on that monthly statement. If the sign-up bonus is supposed to be $60k, you will see how many miles were earned / posted on the last day of that particular statement. Look at the large print on the right side of the 1st Pg of the statement and also look at the "miles earned" - details on the 2nd Pg. If you see 60k or 63k miles posted, then you are good from citi's point of view.
Next go to your AA.com (Log-in correctly) and look at recent activity. You will have to go to "your account" 1st and then look for activity or recent activity (from all sources).and you can set a time period to check activity, Now go back to the monthly citi statement showing -- the 60k bonus. The one month (approx.) time period that applies to that time period is shown -- lets say it's 21 Jun thru 23 Jul '19. That means that monthly statement closed on 23 Jul '19. Now return to the AA.com "Activity, -- Do you see 60k posted on 23 Jul '19? also those miles are described by some generic name that seems like your bonus miles. Well you have a proven match!

Put that data in your spreadsheet (with an appropriate explanation to yourself as a note), and go on the the next citi card in question. Soon you will have them all verified - one way or the other. And you can verify your spending by looking on those same statements. The only sticky part, for me is if 2 different citi credit cards have the same closing date and of course it's easy to loose track if you are checking more than one account -- like your significant other, parent etc. But you can still easily tell which card got the bonus and match them up without much problem.
That's what I do, since like many of you -- I don't want to call citi and have someone looking at all my accounts to try to see why something didn't post correctly unless I have too -- But I've never found that citi.com or AA.com made a mistake - it was always "Me" that was confused.

Happyfeet