FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR strikes (HAL employees) - 23/24 Aug 2019 [called off for now]
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:19 pm
Greg66

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is about serving the commonweal, which I accept is somewhat out of fashion in these "me, me, me" times. At LHR's biggest terminal during school holidays, a one bag limit, with the rest checked in for free, gives the best chance for everyone to get through efficiently. Devoting effectively extra resources to those who choose to take extra bags isn't helping those who are prepared to be sensible about it. I'm a devoted HBO traveller,, and will remain so for the 2 days in question when I have 4 LHR flights, so I'm not overjoyed by this, but it's just about making a few small, simple, easy to explain adjustments rather than closing the airport down.
But... T3 serves a number of airlines besides BA. As far as I can tell, only BA is telling its passengers to confine themselves to one small piece of hand baggage. I foresee a degree of frustration standing in the security queues on Monday with the BA-prescribed one bag, behind a bunch of passengers travelling on other airlines with “normal” carry on luggage.