FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR strikes (HAL employees) - 23/24 Aug 2019 [called off for now]
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:46 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cauchy
I mean there are many potential options - for example, they could use one security zone for passengers with a small bag, and another for those with two bags, with the two-bag-people told to turn up an hour earlier. But arguably this is for security to deal with (and they must think they can cope), and not for BA to interfere with.
This is about serving the commonweal, which I accept is somewhat out of fashion in these "me, me, me" times. At LHR's biggest terminal during school holidays, a one bag limit, with the rest checked in for free, gives the best chance for everyone to get through efficiently. Devoting effectively extra resources to those who choose to take extra bags isn't helping those who are prepared to be sensible about it. I'm a devoted HBO traveller,, and will remain so for the 2 days in question when I have 4 LHR flights, so I'm not overjoyed by this, but it's just about making a few small, simple, easy to explain adjustments rather than closing the airport down.