FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frustrating Misconnect at SEA (8/3/2019)
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:20 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Yes, I’d write in. Not sure if this 12-minute line the gate agent told you is real or not (I have heard gate agents announce doors close 10 minutes prior). Regardless, in my book they should not leave early when it’s the last flight of the night and they are still waiting on connecting pax. Perhaps they had written off you making your connection but you really hustled to the gate.

While it is no guarantee in all cases, United is making a big deal about its new ConnectionSaver feature. I’d mention that in my message to AS. And, I have actually had multiple cases where UA did hold a flight for me and a few other passengers even before they introduced this feature. Getting left behind with no flight left to rebook on is no fun. Seeing the airline make an effort to prevent this creates customer satisfaction and loyalty.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/air...onnectionsaver

I have not had the experience of a remote stand at SEA (lucky me... which “gates” qualify for that experience?), but I have had my fair share of tight connections to a Horizon flight, most recently with my inbound flight “diverting” last minute to the N gates. I really need to try to route my AS travel through PDX whenever possible.

I assume the flight yesterday was AS 3498. That flight not only left two minutes early, but also arrived in BOI 17 mins early. A small delay to board the OP would likely still have made it arrive on time. And while I haven’t checked, I suspect the aircraft and crew remained in BOI overnight.