FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have You Changed Brands Now That Marriott Has So Many?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:32 am
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I treat all Bonvoy properties the same when it comes to choosing where to stay. Ever since the merger and combination of programs, I really like how regardless of the size of the city, I can easily find a Bonvoy property. Before the merger, primary loyalty was to SPG and then to IHG for all the small town stays. Now, I can do a road trip through Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and Colorado and I don't have to stay outside of Bonvoy.

Never knew there was a Sheridan Wyoming, until I booked a room for a night there at the Fairfield Inn, or a Deadwood South Dakota till I spent a night at their Springhill Suites. On week+ vacations, I even plan it so at least couple of times we stay at Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn so we can do laundry. Last December, I chose to stay at the Residence Inn Frankfurt because it was centrally located, had coin laundry and was reasonably priced. Well, go figure the hotel was too new that they hadn't put in the laundry machines yet and we had to go searching for coin laundry in town.

Last edited by seat38a; Aug 3, 2019 at 2:37 am