FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best BA and OW lounge- for plane action!
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:30 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You have highlighted the view from T3 Galleries Club, the view from the dining area of First is even better, and of course you can enjoy food and drink on the dining tables while watching 27L / 09R. I rate that 8/10.

Agree with 9/10 for Qantas Sydney, very good views, and GIB on their terrace is also very good since you can see the whole show there, including the closure of the public road.

The three terraces in LHR T5A I would give 6/10 for, though it's more apron life there. If there is a heavy at gate 17 then First gets the experience of (e.g.) a Jumbo edging ever closer to the glass.

The main AA lounges in T8 I give high marks for simply because of the Manhattan skyline as the backdrop. BOS would do well there too, except the exact seat and window arrangement means this is not as good as it could be. AA's main CLT lounge I like, at the back, a quiet spot to see things like 717s, 757s and the occasional MD.

ORD First has some good view, though not so much of the runway. AMS is also one of my favourites, more for seeing a somewhat different complexion of airlines and aircraft than Heathrow.

But of the lounges accessible to most members of this forum, I think LGW does really well, both lounges really, but particularly the First area. A good aspect, runway and apron views.