FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time doing Comfort +
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:40 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rashodw
That’s a good point as well I have read on seat guru about the seats without the armrests. It would be very uncomfortable.
The fixed armrests are only a problem in my opinion if you have a particularly wide "bottom" (relevant measure is probably at the hip). But often the window seat only has a stub armrest against the exit, which I find rather uncomfortable for anything longer than an hour. Additionally, some exit rows don't recline -- almost always the first exit row, but sometimes the rear exit row also doesn't recline even there's no logical reason why it shouldn't.

Originally Posted by EBiafore99
IMO, you're really paying for three things:

1. Extra legroom
2. Seating towards the front of the aircraft
3. Early in the boarding order, thus guaranteeing overhead bin space

Whether it's truly worth $100, that's up to the individual and his/her status with DL. Yes, an exit row seat may be the same if you can get it, but when you can't this may be the next best option,
I do think the free alcohol should be included in your list, although obviously a YMMV situation depending on whether one drinks or not.
OP mentions s/he is a general member as well, so exit row isn't even a possibility.

As a Gold, I usually just book the exit row and will only put in an upgrade request if I can avoid the middle seat. At T-72 I can check back and see what things look like and submit the request then if there are still decent seats in C+.