FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppe, Beaches and Rainforest: Mongolia and East Africa
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:38 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Great TR, covering many countries that I have yet to visit. Thanks for sharing.
Was credit cards widely accepted in the cities outside of major hotels?
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I really couldn't say what credit card acceptance was like. I mostly paid for my tours in cash (or prepaid with card) and most of my non-hotel incidentals were paid in cash. I suspect credit card acceptance was only possible at larger retailers in upscale or touristy areas. In smaller towns like Kisoro, zero chance of using a credit card, though there were ATMs here and there.

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I felt the same way looking at the menu for your ET flight from ICN. That menu looked like it could've belonged to any Western airline and had nothing besides the coffee that was remotely Ethiopian.

I had to look this up because I had no idea what dodo was (surely not the bird!). Turns out it's amaranth leaves.
Agree completely. The ADD-ICN flight definitely features Ethiopian food. The junior FA originally passed out the wrong menus to us, so I was able to snap a photo of it. Frankly, I'd have greatly preferred to have that menu on my flight. See below.

ADD-ICN Menu

Thanks on the dodo. I had no idea what it was. Tasted vaguely like creamed spinach.