FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties (master thread)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:08 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Staying at Hilton Atlanta Airport as Gold

Upon entering restaurant in AM was asked for room number and name which was matched against a list s approved.

Upon trying to leave was told to sign a recpt for 25$ charge for standard buffet. I was told that they needed recpt for each table. Is this normal even after being checked off against a list?
The correct thread for this, I think, is Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties (master thread). I'll ask a mod to move it and my answer, which is:

Some properties do this and many do not. I've never seen a charge on my folio at those properties that do it. My guess is that they do it to show you the dollar cost and encourage you to tip. The nice thing about it is that you can add a tip which will be charged to your folio and hence you usually earn points. When staying on an award it can cause any active bonus offers to get triggered. The not nice thing is it's a pushy way to ask for a tip. I think the Hilton Mexico City Reforma is bad in this regard -- every time I stepped foot in the executive lounge a staffer would place a bill on my table with a zero charge as a way to solicit a tip.