FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chance for compensation EC261?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:11 am
Mr.Potato

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Question Chance for compensation EC261?

Hi,

Before starting a fight with LX, I wanted to know whether anyone faced the same type of delay and was successful in claiming EC261.

Booked on YQB-YUL-VIE-ZRH with AC-OS-LX I was rebooked on YQB-YUL-GVA-ZRH on AC834-LX2809 due to planned delay of my first AC flight from YQB, that ended-up flying on time, but I don't think it is relevant for the matter at stake. Anyway, on my new itinerary, planned arrival was 11.55 in ZRH. AC834 to GVA took off with 2h40 delay (due to technical reasons on the plane inbound from YYZ) and I missed my connection in GVA. I was rebooked on LX2811 smoothly, that landed in ZRH at 16.00 with exactly 4h05 delay on my planned arrival. I claimed the 600€ compensation to LX that denied it and redirected me to AC because they are responsible for the original delay.

My understanding was that the last carrier on a journey was responsible for compensation, but I also know that for intra-CH flights, EC261 might not apply, and certainly does not apply to AC (since it is not a EU carrier). Is it worth to fight LX on this, and on what ground?Should I directly get in touch with one of these recovery companies? Or should I get in touch with AC and enjoy whatever they might offer me?

Thanks a lot for your insights and help.