FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WA Maldives vs Conrad vs Conrad Bora Bora
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:00 am
Traveler Dave

Originally Posted by laguy35
Thank you for taking your time for the long post. I posted the letter i received from WA Maldives. with my reply to escape, i hope you can see that. Leaving Bora Bora out. Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.The Hilton Seychelles was an all suite hotel. The people were amazing the staff was amazing, It had a small beach with crystal clear water, and can go into town anytime you want. I dont mind being locked on the island at any hotel since we usually dont leave. The sunset cruise through the hotel that we did in the seychelles is also highly recommended. Also since you are a Marriot person, ever stay at the W Maldives or the westin? I have a lot of points for Marriot as well and am a platinum elite
I will be less detailed than #alanslegal , because I think he summed it up perfectly. We just completed 10 days at the WA Maldives. Spent last Summer at the Conrad BB (also been to Thalasso and Le Moana in BB). My "perfect world" would be to transplant the WA to BB. We live in San Diego, so BB is clearly more coinvent travel-wise.

I have not stayed at the Conrad Maldives so can not say which is more kid friendly from experience. But I can tell you the WA had many kids (including my 10 year old daughter) and there is plenty to do (though some of it spendy). The kids club is the best I have ever seen! The place was amazing. The have a rotating daily schedule of activates (see my post on the WA Maldives thread for a list). As I understand from the staff they went to Disney World to collect ideas on how to develop their program. My daughter loved going there.

We spent 6 nights in the Grand Beach and 4 nights in the Grand Reef (paid upgrades beyond points reservation). We liked having the mix. You might find the non-Grand versions big enough, but we liked having the living room space so our daughter had her own area and we could close off our room at night. Have done the "OW thing" in the past, so having a true fully OW room was not a must. But I can tell you that the Reef OW (once you enter the gates) is just like the OW. So I would not spend the extra to be in an OW. We snorkeled right off our room. Saw dolphins one night.

We are going back to Conrad BB for 2020 Summer vacation as part of a larger Tahiti vacation. Will be trying some other remote islands/atolls as well. 2021 I think we will be going back to the WA Maldives. For me, that is saying a lot about both those resorts. I am not one to return to the same location, much less the same resorts. But we could not have been happier with both, so why mess with perfection.

On a side note, we went LAX-SIN-MLE there and MLE-DXB-LAX on the way back. Spent a couple days in each. Was a nice way to break up the travel and see some other countries.

TD