FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car given away, billed more, incorrect late fee.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:37 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You were 2 hours late and the car was no longer available . That is normal. You didn't turn up until 2 hours after the reservation time and location quite free to release the vehicle;
Based on that, no reason for location not to charge extra for an upgrade
I had pre-paid for the vehicle though. If they want to give away a vehicle I’ve already paid for then I need a refund. I wasn’t even offered the difference between a M5 and B group car back. Also, I had asked a colleague to tell them I was running late. If my car was going to be given away then why not tell him then?

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The only issue seems to be the extra charge ; it is possible that the rate for pick up at the time you actually did would have been more expensive, in which case the charge would be correct - if it is just an erroneous late return fee, I would have little doubt that once the issue has been investigated , that the extra cost will be refunded
I was specifically told by the CSR that it was because my vehicle had been logged as returned late.