FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:08 am
Jamester

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Originally Posted by findark
Those are peak days of the week for business travel, although the Thanksgiving weekend might cut into it a little (flying Thanksgiving Day would be much better).
Thanks findark, I was hoping most of the business travelers might sit out the long distance travel the week after Thanksgiving (but I suppose those with year end deadlines would make a go at it anyway). I know that coming back into the States during the weekdays after Thanskgiving seems a bit easier to upgrade.

Originally Posted by findark
Not sure what you mean by "worth trying" though -- would you not go to SYD otherwise?
It just means my dates are flexible (although I can't travel ON T-Giving Day) and can move this around for better chance. Sounds like I need to stick with midweek travel (and avoid Fri thru Mon) and watch the Z inventory as a rough indicator? Although I wonder if UA would pretty much zero out the Z's on most days anyway though.

Thx!