FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC traffic on routes to China and Hong Kong - Q2 2019 report
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:59 am
Swiftler

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Not just the HKG route. Even YZZ to PVG has switched planes from 787-9 to 777-200LR to 777-300ER. My flight to PVG on Oct 24 is on 787-9, Nov 13 to YYZ is on 777-200LR, and Mar 13 to PVG is 777-300ER. Majority of Shanghainese passengers heading to PVG around March is attending the Canton Fair for their business/work. There's quite a lot of Shanghainese in Toronto nowadays. When summer hits it tends to slow down for AC and maybe that's why they switch to 787-9 because there's not much going on in Shanghai. I know that in November there's a big import show in Shanghai from Nov 4 to 9. My flight heading back to YYZ is about 40% booked in Buisness. All the window seat in the first section are gone except the last two.

I don't want to sound all political but the Hong Kong protest that's happening there is not good business for AC. It seems unsafe by reading and watching the news so if you have small children you would avoid heading there for vacation. I'm mean come on, if you wear white you'll be attacked by gangs who are wearing black and vice versa. Its ridiculous.