FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:28 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A premium is disappointing of course. But ultimately it's a price that can make sense for picking up elite nights in Europe without going back to the same ole Hyatts...

With chain wide promos and the 10k for 10 nights Milestone bonus, along with the standard 10-11% rebate from points as a Globalist, you can easily find the value once you get into autumn...
If I was projecting to end the year somewhere around 45-50 nights then I would have considerable willingness to pay extra in order to achieve Globalist since status is valuable.

Good point about the milestone bonus 10k for 10 nights, so 1k of value per night on average (= a bit under $20); unless you project to finish the year above 100 nights then no milestone bonus to consider in the equation, unfortunately.

If there is a chain-wide promo then it can change how much of a premium I would be willing to pay, assuming SLH is not excluded from the promo. It also depends also if it's a stay-based promo or double points or something like that.

Everybody is in a different situation, but all things considered since I don't really "need" the extra night credits then it remains a venue to burn points and I have not found as much use for SLH so far as what I would have liked given the attractive portfolio of SLH properties. If the price differential shrinks, my view and my optimism will change considerably!