FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels and restaurants in Lima, Peru
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:29 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
A quick update for anyone looking to score reservations at Central in Lima.

I reached out to the restaurant 2 weeks ago regarding the exact time reservations open. I have found that can make a difference on super hard to get reservations, with openings vanishing within a few hours of posting.

The hotel replied: "We release our opening dates every four months for periods of four months each, and our next one for September-December, will be released the 29th of July at 00 hours Peruvian time"

So last night I was dutifully sitting at my computer before midnight and was very surprised when by 12:30 am Peru time the schedule only went through August 31st.

I checked again when I woke up this morning and again a few times throughout the day. I finally determined that they must have meant midnight on 7/29 and was planning to try again tonight. Just for the heck of it I checked again around 3 PM Peru time and lo and behold Sept-Dec had opened and I was able to secure our reservation for October.

I thought it might be helpful to anyone trying in the future. Now I get to go through this again with Maido in a few weeks.
I was also checking for Central and reservations seemed to open around 9 AM Peru time on Monday (29 July). Actually this info (the date, not the exact time) was on the reservations page if you'd tried making reservations earlier - it said pretty clearly that they would start accepting bookings for Sep-Nov on 29 July. Now it says bookings for Dec 22 onwards will open 25 Nov.

But anyway - it is possible to get a reservation for literally any date at that restaurant. Wide open both upcoming days in August and further out, so I didn't actually see what the big issue was with securing a reservation early.
EDIT: I just realized it shows availability and when you click through it says no availability but here are some other restaurants with availability - what a stupid system! In fact the date I booked at the end of October is totally sold out a few days on either side! So now I'm actually glad I did it right away.

Last edited by ung1; Aug 1, 2019 at 3:45 am