FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Direct Flights AKL/Perth
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:24 pm
ace86

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
Thanks, guys.

croberts - that's interesting to know. I didn't know that if it shows business as sold out it means they really are sold out.

Those flights to and from Perth are really popular being the only direct flights currently.

Am still waiting on news, but it looks as if (at this stage anyway) there is one seat in business class available on Saturday with another 3 'blocked off'. So maybe once I know what's happening I can try and get one of them for my husband.

I may have to book one-way flights and risk becoming a NZ overstayer if I can't get a return flight. LOL
If you can only buy 1 seat in business class, that means there is only 1 seat in business class. The ‘blocked off’ / “blacked out” seats you are referring to does not mean those seats are available and just not being sold. It just means those seats are unavailable for seat selection and are reserved for airport control to release for seat selection on the day, eg so they can move people around to sit them together if necessary. Just book two economy tickets and add a skycouch or two to get more room, especially for flight back. Its only 6 hrs back to AKL so you don’t actually get that much sleep when you factor in take-off, meal service (if ‘the works’ purchased in economy), waking up to prepare for landing. Sorry to hear of your loss.